Thursday, September 19, 2024

Cat's Caddis Larva aka the Green Cheeseburger now available at Discount Flies!

Cat's Caddis Larva aka Green Cheeseburger

I am very excited to announce that Cat's Caddis Larva fly pattern, aka Green Cheeseburger is now available online at Discount Flies!  This fly is available in colors:  olive, caddis green, sand, and chartreuseb to come.  Sizes available are #14, #16, #18, and #20.  No secret, this has been one of my #1 flies on the rivers, creeks, streams I fish and guide at year round!

Keith caught this fantastic brown
 on Cat's Caddis Larva.
The Green Cheeseburger came to life on a day fishing the Eagle River in Colorado with a little caddis larva I found clinging to my waders.  I carefully took a deep look and studied the larva of its features, color, and characteristics.  Before returning home from the river, I drove straight to Charlie's Fly Box where I strolled the aisles grabbing materials of what I believe would create this imitation of the caddis larva.  I may have tied 3 or 4 of these caddis larva and returned to the Eagle River the next day to fish it with an overwhelming success!

A beautiful rainbow trout from the Eagle River.

The Green Cheeseburger fished so incredibly well that day, I knew I had to tie more!  I fished this larva at every river, creek, and stream with consistent amazing catches.  If I could catch lots of great fish on this fly, surely my guide trips with Blue Quill Angler could make excited clients happy!🎣

A beefy rainbow chomped on the
Green Cheeseburger at the Blue River.

I shared with my fly tying friends how to tie the Green Cheeseburger, and I am very happy to hear of their success in filling their fishing nets with great catches.  I have been fishing this caddis larva the last 4 years from the S. Platte River:  Deckers, Cheesman Canyon, Eleven Mile Canyon, Tomahawk, the Dream Stream, to the Blue River, to the Yampa River in Steamboat Springs, to the Arkansas tailwaters in Pueblo, also to the Arkansas River, to the North Platte River in Wyoming:  Miracle Mile, Fremont Canyon, Grey Reef, to the Eagle River, to the creeks:  Clear Creek, S. Boulder Creek, Bear Creek just to name a few places this trout pastry has fooled the trout.

A fantastic rainbow I caught from the Blue River
on the Green Cheeseburger.

I will be tying at a number of fly tying expos, fishing events, and the Fly Fishing Show, Denver.  I will be regularly updating my events calendar of where you can find me fly tying.  Please stop by, say hello, and share your fishing stories of the many big fish you caught on the Green Cheeseburger!

Fly tying at the Troutfest


This fly pattern, I have year round great success including in the heart of winter.
Stock up on some of Cat's Caddis Larva aka, Green Cheeseburgers for your fly box at Discount Flies!

Peter caught this brownie on Cat's Caddis Larva.


The Matchstick Midge.

I also want to share of my Matchstick Midge also available at Discount Flies!  This midge evolved while I was fishing on the S. Platte River by myself.  They were very abundant in the waters which pushed me to drop in to pay a visit to Charlie's Fly Box to tie an imitation of this midge.   Such an effective midge I discovered.  


Thank you for your support!  See you on the rivers!

Cat's Caddis Larva.

No comments:

Post a Comment